The jelq is the backbone of every penis enlargement exercise program. If your goal is to improve the size and hardness of your penis, the jelq is a proper beginner’s exercise. The good news is jelqing is a penis stretching technique that requires no equipment. Learn how to jelq, its benefits, and how to do it safely.
What is the Jelq?
- Jelqing is a penis-enlargement exercise – By using jelqing exercise routines, men have added significantly to their penis length and girth. Jelqs are typically done for 5–20 minutes a day, 2–5 days a week.
- Jelqing uses a ‘milking’ like motion – It’s an ancient Arabic technique where the hands pull on the penis causing it to lengthen. The term jelq translates to ‘milking,’ with the exercise closely resembling the act of milking cattle.
- According to the book Penile Augmentation – Dr. Won Whe Kim described jelqing as the “technique of stroking the penis to erection from base to top, but stopping short of ejaculation,” and repeating the process again and again.
- Jelqing is a safe male enhancement exercise when performed correctly – With proper warm up, technique, and adequate rest days, it is completely safe. Just make sure to avoid over training. This can help you reach your penis enlargement goals, as well as improve erection hardness.
How to Get Started Jelqing?
Basic jelqing involves penis massaging techniques done in a simple fluid motion.
*Note: Do not start jelqing until you read all of the important jelqing FAQs, cautions, and tips below.
How to Jelq – Step-by-Step:
LUBRICATE – Before you start, lubricate your penis with baby oil, Vaseline, or another specially formulated lubricant.
ERECTION LEVEL – Do not jelq with a full erection. Penile exercising with 100 percent erection level is dangerous if you’re not trained well yet. Bring your erection level to 50–75 percent by slightly stroking your penis. Your penis should be relaxed enough to push blood through its smooth muscles during the exercise.
OK-GRIP – Use your thumb and main pointer finger to form an OK-grip, as shown in the accompanying photos.
START AT BASE – Place the grip around the base of your penis, as close to your pubic bone as you can.
MOVE UP – While maintaining light pressure on the grip, slowly move your grip towards the tip of your penis. The ideal jelqing pressure is one that does not hurt, but effectively pushes blood up the penis.
STOP BEFORE GLANS – Stop the grip directly before it reaches your glans. This completes one jelq. Each jelq should take approximately 2-3 seconds.
REPEAT – Once you’re done with one jelq, take your other hand and repeat the process.
The Pros and Cons of Jelqing
- No equipment is needed for this form of penile enhancement.
- According to Healthline, jelqing and other penile exercises can help you feel comfortable about your body and better understand your erection.
- There’s numerous anecdotal evidence online of men sharing jelqing’s benefits.
- Although not widely accepted by the medical community, some medical professionals attest to its effectiveness.
- Must be done several minutes a day, at least 5 times a week; takes dedication to stick to a consistent routine.
- Results take time – It may take weeks to several months or even years to see results.
- Can have unpleasant side-effects like bruising or injury when not done correctly.
- Very few studies have been done to prove its effectiveness.
What is a Good Basic Jelqing Penis Enlargement Routine?
The following is a basic jelq routine ideal for beginners who want to try a penis enlargement exercise. If you’re looking for more advanced exercises, check out our Jelqing Exercise Table of Contents for a variety of jelq routines with increased intensity.
Do the following routine 2 to 3 times a week to start. Shoot for every other day at first, then advance toward 5 days on, 2 days off.
- *Don’t exceed more than 5 days straight.
- Your body needs to rest, to allow it to create the new cells for growth.
- And, don’t try to progress too quickly.
- Rushing the intensity and/or number of days you jelq can lead to injury.
Stronger Erections: Body Cue That Means It’s Working
When you start experiencing stronger erections, that’s a very good sign.
Like all exercise, the penis gets bigger and harder by adapting to the stress of the jelqing exercise. To keep the growth, you’ll have to gradually increase the intensity overtime.
Not sure if you’re ready to advance your routine? Here are ‘body cues’ you should watch out for:
- If your erections are improving, keep gradually increasing your routine with more sets and advanced techniques.
- If your erections are plateauing or getting worse, slow down and decrease your frequency. Remember to pay attention to this body cue.
What’s The Right Erection Level to Start Jelqing?
Start jelqing with a 50 – 75 percent erection level. These erection percentages are just approximations to guide men on the right hardness level. To give you a more visual idea, check this Erection Hardness Scale we made based on the European Association of Urology.
- As per the per the EAU Erection Hardness Scale, jelqing should be done between a Level 2 (peeled banana) and Level 3 (unpeeled banana).
- The point is to avoid full erections when you start jelqing, until you build up to it.